Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vote for a Sister!

First things first, HAPPY EFFING TURDUCKEN DAY!!!!!! She is in the oven as we speak and Lord have MERCY does she smell good!  You should also know that its national talk like a pirate day, and you can take joy in the thought of me speaking to three empty birds in a pirate voice.  It happened. 

As promised, I need to fill you in on all the important business concerning project food blog. Guys, although this blog has been established since last December, it’s only really been up and running since July of this year.  In the last 2 months, we have seen over 400% growth per month and the outreach of people who have been reading Amuse Bouche is staggering!  That is why I know that you guys have this in the bag for me!  Momma says “A thanka you berry much!”

H’OKAY!

Project Food Blog is the first-ever interactive competition where almost 2000 Foodbuzz Featured Publishers are competing in a series of culinary blogging challenges for the chance to advance and a shot at the ultimate prize: $10,000 and a special feature on Foodbuzz.com for one year. (HOLLAAAA!)

The first challenge was for me to define who I am as a food blogger and explain why I am the next food blog star.  In case you missed it, or feel the need to revisit the tender place in my heart, it’s a right here!

VOTING STARTS MONDAY MORNING AT 7:30 AM UNTIL THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 23..  That means by the time most of you are reading this, you can be a votin’ son! This is going on for the next 12 weeks pending that La Bouche makes the first cut from nearly 2000 bloggers to 400.

Voting goes a little like this.  If you are just an everyday reader (momma loves you!) all you need to do is go to foodbuzz.com and make an account.  Look over to your right and click that little orange bar in my project food blog widget. Currently it says go to my profile, but as of the AM it should say “vote for me”.  Then after you go there you should be prompted to create an account, which you can do simply by making up a username, put in your email, and make up a password.  If all else fails, in the top right hand of the screen it says join foodbuzz, which works too!

The person with the most readership votes will automatically move on, which is where most of you come in!  I am also relying on the votes of my fellow featured publishers (50% of the total score) and our esteemed judges (the other 50%):
Dana Cowin
Editor-in-Chief of FOOD & WINE Magazine
Nancy Silverton
Founder La Brea Bakery, Co-owner Mozza
Pim Techamuanvivit
Author of ChezPim.com and The Foodie Handbook

So in short, take 2 minutes out of your day to make my life. KAY THANKS!


Tomorrow, you will read and see all about the infamous bird party that we have been counting down.  Thanks ahead of time for voting for a girl! While you’re there, I encourage you to take a look at the other bloggers, you’ll see I am in some great company. 

Barf I am nervous, and about to eat three birds, that sounds like an effing TERRIBLE idea. Here’s hoping Dad’s ready to hold a pony tail!





Love,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment