Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm BAAAACCCKKK

Kiddos - let me tell you something. It's been 1 week since I've cooked a thing, and I am RUSTY.  I went to make chicken pot pie last night, and I forgot to thaw the chicken...

I am doing okay, I am still really sore and it hurts to sit, but I can walk, I am off the medicine and praise Martha I can stand long enough to cook now. AMEN.  I don't ever want to go a week without cooking again!

I was looking through some photos and realized I didn't tell you about Tim's birthday dinner - so I can share that with you while I get some holiday recipes ready for you.  Tim, bless his heart, wanted Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner, and who am I to stand between a man and his pork? 

I would never. Not on your birthday. So for the first time in ohhhh 5 years, pork entered my kitchen.  Let's just say there was a lot of hand washing going on!  Now even though I caved and used pork, that didn't mean I was gonna throw a ham and cheese sandwich in a chicken breast. No flippin' sir.  We are Klassy. We use prosciutto and brie. Not ham and swiss.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless 
Salt and Pepper
4 thin slices of prosciutto
8 ounces of brie, rid of the wax
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper.


Using the flat side of a meat mallet (or a pan, whatever), gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast, and spread a thin layer (about 4 ounces) across the layer of prosciutto.



Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll.


Squeeze the log gently to seal.
Season the flour with salt and pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Roll lightly in the flour and sear in a hot pan with olive oil and carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.


 I missed you all! Stay tuned for a DISGUSTING display of Christmasism, in the form of cookie baking.

Love,

Whit

1 comment:

  1. my love for prosciutto runs deep, this looks very yummy : )welcome back!

    ReplyDelete