Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No bakes and crack balls.

So here's the thing.

I was an overweight kid.  Not terribly, just enough to where you frowned when you saw me with a chocolate ring around my mouth.  I have pinpointed the reason WHY I was overweight as a child, and I am here to warn you.  The reason lies below.

None of my mother's friends were particularly great cooks, but ole Sue and Bonnie made two things, and they made em right. No Bake Cookies, and Sausage Balls. ( And Margaritas, but I didn't quite know that yet...)

Now, I don't know what the hell Sue put in those sausage (crack) balls, but I do know that Bonnie didn't create the no bake.  She made no bakes for a reason, and that reason was because she had had a margarita by the time she got to bakin'... err. no bakin'...

So here's to you No Bake Cookies!  Thanks for the chocolate ring around my mouth as a child.  Thanks for making my pants too tight today, and thanks, for being no bake.

No Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.

 Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. 

On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened. 

 Now if only Sue would tell me that sausage ball recipe...


Love,


Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment