Friday, November 12, 2010

Recapa Napa: Dutch Henry Winery

Dutch Henry Winery, where have you been all my life??!  Seriously, we walked up and I immediately sat down at a picnic table, sadie, the dog ran up to me and licked my face, and I felt at home.  The fact that there were strung lights and a big guy named Gary there also made me feel more comfortable, but I am going to go ahead and call that comfort an attribute of the wine.  
 

So if you can't tell, this place sets the mood.  We had lunch at the picnic tables, while Gary, (supposed opener for Michael of the Doobie Brothers) poured us wine, and played us tunes on his guitar.  This guy was all sex, drugs, and rock and roll.  I thought I was with Elvis for a hot second.

Just a wine cave, no big deal.

Sarah and Sadie


I was a LITTLE obsessed with the fact that they grow olives, for house made olive oil.

Here comes the bride? can you imagine that as a walkway? OMGEE
Gary, shootin' the shit.

Their Pinot Noir, was fabulous.

Standard.

a break from the grape


devine.
I do have to say, Dutch Henry wins out on fun and ambiance for our Napa trip.  The setting, the informal conversation about life, and the wine were a perfect combination for a long, slow lunch.

And I sort of want to go back there like, tomorrow.  Lazy Saturday afternoon anyone?

Love,

Whit

2 comments:

  1. The good times just flow from those photos. Sadie, such a heartbreaker. And Gary looks like good company too. Good wine and home pressed olive oil too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Whitney
    what a great place, Dutch Henry looks like the find of the week!! Just being able to relax outside at a table listen to a little music and sip some good wine....sigh...it doesn't get any better than that!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete